Late Evening Sessions
Your chance to explore the zoo at dusk and enjoy a picnic on the lawn. Experience a late evening session at Melbourne Zoo this January.
- Pack a picnic or pre-purchase a picnic hamper to enjoy on the lawns with some music. Note: pre-purchased hampers must be booked 5 days in advance.
- Enjoy Dino Lab and see the huge animatronic dinosaurs – look out for that cheeky T-rex
- Be entertained with an inflatable slide and music on the lawn, roaming puppets and stilt walkers.*
- Grab a bite to eat at the cooking station, pick up some dino nuggets for your little ones and enjoy a live musician at the Plaza.
- Go on a walking adventure through the Trail of Elephants – can you spot our Asian elephants, majestic butterflys, Sumatran tiger and playful otters?
- On a warm afternoon, pack the bathers and splash in the water play area.
- Explore and see Australian wildlife – from koalas, kangaroos to rare and endangered Tasmanian Devils and Orange-bellied parrots as you wander through the Australian Bush Trail.
*Please note entertainment runs on a schedule and may not be present for every late session.