Roar 'n' Snore Overnight Camp
Roar ‘n’ Snore guests wine, dine and sleep where the elephants once walked, in the Historic Elephant Exhibit. Built in the 1940s it's been re-vitalized to provide a unique camping opportunity. After dinner in the Elephant House, guests explore the mystery of the Zoo after dark. Hear, smell, and see nocturnal creatures and share the passion, knowledge and stories of your camp hosts. After supper, retire to your tent for a well deserved night’s sleep.
Wake in the morning to the calls of gibbons and birds and enjoy breakfast before a chance to meet the keepers and experience up-close animal encounters and life behind-the-scenes.
Melbourne Zoo provides:
- tents and camping mattresses
- dinner, supper, and breakfast
- admission to the Zoo the following day
You need to bring:
- sleeping bag and pillow
- a sense of adventure
Looking for a unique gift idea? Zoos Victoria gift cards are now available.
Phone 1300 ZOOS VIC to order yours now or email for more information.
Cancellation and rescheduling policy
- Cancellations received 30 days prior to the booked camp will receive a full refund
- Cancellations received 15–29 days prior will receive a 50% refund
- Cancellations received 14 days or less will not be eligible for a refund
- Transfers to an alternate date must be made no less than 14 days prior to the camp date.
- Camps booked in September/October are not transferable
Roar 'n' Snore is an all weather program, however Melbourne Zoo may choose to cancel specific camp dates due to inclement weather or insufficient bookings. Whenever possible, guests will be notified in advance and dates rescheduled, or full payment will be refunded.
Provide your school or community group with a unique overnight educational experience at Melbourne Zoo and get to know the animals of the Zoo like never before. Learn their stories, their secrets and the adaptations that allow them to survive.
- Healesville Sanctuary
- Melbourne Zoo
- Werribee Open Range Zoo