- Visit our zoos
- Whats on
- Fighting extinction
- Get involved
- About us
IOOF and Zoos Victoria Access for All 2012
Once again, Zoos Victoria with the support of IOOF offer schools from disadvantaged and regionally isolated areas the opportunity to apply for funding to visit either Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Open Range Zoo or Healesville Sanctuary to attend an interactive education session in 2012.
Access for All program timelines
- Applications close at 4.30pm on Friday, December 9, 2011.
- Zoos Victoria notification to school applicants: December 19, 2011
- Visitation period Term 1, 2012 (February 6, 2012 to March 30, 2012). Dates outside this time frame will not be considered.
What is covered under the Access for All program*?
- travel to the zoo or sanctuary—transport costs will be part or fully reimbursed to the school dependant on amount applied for*
- student entry to one Zoos Victoria property and an education session—the learning programs available are outlined at education.
*Zoos Victoria reserves the right to allocate funding for a different amount of students than applied for, or part reimbursement of the bus cost to ensure equitable distribution of funds under the Access for All program.
*Maximum of 50 students per school (schools can attend with more students, however this is the maximum number granted via this funding).
Which schools are eligible?
- Open to schools in Victoria that are able to visit a Zoos Victoria property within the 2012 school year between the dates of February 6, 2012 to March 30, 2012.
- Consideration will be given to schools that have not previously been able to access the zoo in the last three years, listed as ‘disadvantaged' or from regionally isolated areas.
- Applications must be endorsed by the school principal.
- If successful, schools are required to complete an online evaluation form.
Schools can apply via the following online application form, supported by a written quote from the preferred bus company.
Applications have now closed for 2012
Zoos Victoria acknowledges the IOOF Foundation for their support and funding of this program.