Win a California Holiday: Terms and Conditions
Win a California Holiday - Member Competition Terms and Conditions
This document sets out the terms of participation in the Zoos Victoria Member competition (the “Competition”).
1. The promoter of this Competition is Zoos Victoria Pty Ltd (the “Promoter”) ABN 96 913 959 053, located at the address of Elliott Avenue, Parkville VIC 3052.
2. Entry to the Competition is open to all Victorian residents who are active Zoos Victoria Members. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. Entrants under 18 years of age may enter only with parental or guardian consent. Should the winner be under the age of 18 years, they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 18 years of age or over.
3. Employees of the Promoter, Volunteers, Zoos Victoria board members and their immediate families, any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s), are not eligible to enter. Zoos Victoria reserves the right to require an entrant to produce identification and / or proof of age. "Immediate Family" of a person means the parents, siblings, children, and spouse or partner (whether legal or de facto) of that person and any person associated with the Competition
4. Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant instructions on the Promoter’s website (if any) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
5. Entry into the Competition is free.
6. The Major Prize Competition opens at 9am AEST on Friday 5 April 2019 for Werribee Open Range Zoo visitation and Saturday 6 April, 2019 for Melbourne Zoo and Healesville Sanctuary visitation and closes at 5pm AEST on Sunday July 14, 2019 (“Major Prize Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries. The Monthly Prize Competitions open at 9am AEST on Friday 5 April 2019 for Werribee Open Range Zoo visitation and the 6th April for Melbourne Zoo and Healesville Sanctuary visitation, 1 May, 1 June and 1 July, 2019 and close at 5pm AEST on 30 April, 31 May, 30 June and 14 July, 2019 (“Monthly Prize Competition Periods”). Any entry received after the expiry of each Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries
7. To enter the Major Prize Competition, you must visit Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Zoo and Werribee Open Range Zoo between 9am and 5pm Monday to Sunday during the Major Prize Competition period and scan your valid Zoos Victoria membership card at admission at the time of entry. After hours events are not eligible. Once your membership card has been scanned at all three properties you will automatically be entered into the draw. To enter the Monthly Prize Competitions, you must visit either Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Zoo or Werribee Open Range Zoo between 9am and 5pm Monday to Sunday during the Monthly Prize promotional period and scan your valid Zoos Victoria membership card at admission at the time of entry. After hours events are not eligible. Once your membership card has been scanned at either of the three properties you will automatically be entered into the draw
8. One entry per member for visiting Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Zoo and Werribee Open Range Zoo. Should the member visit all three properties multiple times during the Major Prize Competition Period, member will be eligible for an extra entry for each set of 3 property visits for the Major Prize. Members are automatically entered into the monthly draw for each visit during the Monthly Competition Prize Period. Multiple entries are permitted for both major and monthly competitions.
9. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrants.
10. By submitting your entry to the Promoter, you grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees a non-exclusive license to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in your entry and all other material provided by you to the Promoter pursuant to this Competition at any time.
11. Without limiting the rights granted to the Promoter under clause 10, you specifically agree that clause 10 grants to the Promoter the non-exclusive right to communicate your entry in whole or in part to the public throughout the world on any media platform and you grant to the Promoter all associated rights necessary to exercise the above rights.
12. The Major Prize winner will be chosen by random draw at Zoos Victoria Corporate Office, Elliott Avenue Parkville, Victoria, 3052 at 11am on Thursday 25 July, 2019. Monthly Prizes will be drawn by random draw at Zoos Victoria Corporate Office, Elliott Avenue Parkville, Victoria, 3052 at 11am on the 2nd Wednesday of each month following the competition month. This is a game of chance.
13. The major prize consists of a trip for four (4) people to Los Angeles, California, USA valued at up to AU$20,000 depending on date and point of departure. Prize includes:
- 4 x return economy airfares from Melbourne to LAX, California; with air New Zealand
- 10 nights quad share minimum 3 star accommodation in California, USA;
- Winner’s choice of 10 x days car hire or return airport to accommodation transfers in California, USA; and
- Selected activities to be organised by the Promoter’s purchasing agent in consultation with the major prize winner. The Promoter will utilise iTravel Liverpool as purchasing agent for the ground component for the major prize.
- While all will be done to ensure the full value of the ground component is utilised, the total maximum value of the ground component for each major prize is AU$10,000, which includes agency fees, and any value associated with the ground/fees will only be communicated between iTravel Liverpool and the Promoter; as such, the final breakdown of the ground component of each major prize is at the full discretion of the Promoter.
- Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, additional transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included.
- Monthly prizes are - Adults (over 16 years of age) $500 Zoos Victoria Experience Voucher for redemption on Zoos Victoria experiences. Children (15 years of age and under) $100 Dinosaurs Retail Prize Pack, age specific to the winner. The value of all prizes is inclusive of GST.
14. The Major Prize must be booked through Zoos Victoria’s chosen suppliers, Visit California, Air New Zealand and iTravel and used within 12 months of the prize draw date.
15. No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash. In the event that any of the prizes become unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
16. All other costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to travel insurance, additional spending money, meals, taxes, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, in-room charges, Visas, and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner.
17. The Promoter and Visit California, will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage caused, or suffered by the winner in relation to any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize, damage to any prize in transit, or any loss or damage incurred as a result of the action of suppliers of flights, transfers or accommodation.
18. The winner must claim the prize within two weeks of being notified that you have won. Failure to claim the prize within two weeks will result in a redraw and you will not be entitled to any supplementary prize or benefit.
19. The redraw will take place at Zoos Victoria Corporate Office, Elliott Avenue Parkville, Victoria, 3052 at 11am on Thursday 15 August, 2019.
20. You warrant that:(i) all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;(ii) you have all necessary rights and licenses to grant the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions;(iii) your entry is your original work and has not been previously communicated to the public;(iv) the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these Terms and Conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and you will indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
21. You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to exercise any of the rights granted to it by these Terms and Conditions and any communication of your entry to the public by the Promoter is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
22. You agree that the Promoter may use your entry, any personal details and photographic material related to the prize provided to the Promoter for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoter in any media without notice and without any fee being paid to you.
23. Decisions of the Promoter are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. The winner will be notified by phone and email. The name and suburb of the winner will also be published on www.zoo.org.au on Tuesday 30 July 2019.
25. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the prize/s to the prize winner/s of the Competition, the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
26. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
27. All general Zoos Victoria “Conditions of entry” still apply. You can see these conditions of entry at www.zoo.org.au/about-us/terms-and-conditions-of-entry-to-our-zoos