2020 Moomba Float Competition Terms and Conditions
The below sets out the terms of participation in the 2020 Moomba Float Competition (the “Competition”).
- The promoter of this Competition is Zoos Victoria Pty Ltd (the “Promoter”) ABN 969-139-590-53, located at the address of Elliott Avenue, Parkville VIC 3052.
- Entry to the Competition is open to all current Zoos Victoria Members. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or an organisation. Persons under 18 years of age must also have prior consent to enter the competition from a Parent or Guardian and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Please note that all winners will be contacted by email and asked to submit a release form; should the winner be under 18 years of age, they must have this form signed by their parent/guardian agreeing to the terms described therein. Employees of the Promoter and any person associated with the Competition, and any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s), are not eligible to enter.
- Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant instructions on the Promoter’s website (if any) form part of these Terms and Conditions
- Entry into the Competition is free and must be done via email.
- All entrants must be residents of Australia.
- Staff and volunteers of Zoos Victoria may not enter.
- The Competition opens at 9:00am on Monday 27 May 2019 and closes at 11.59pm on Wednesday 31 July 2019 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- To enter the Competition, you must download the ‘Design a float’ template from zoo.org.au/moomba, complete the design and all fields, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each entrant may submit a maximum of one (1) entry to the competition.
- Valid details must be entered in order to be eligible to enter the competition.
- Each entry must include Name of Float, Name of Designer, Phone number, Email and Age. By submitting your entry, you agree to the terms and conditions. Failure to submit the above information will deem your entry invalid.
- You must not enter the Competition more than one time.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrants.
- Entrants must retain the original artwork which will be requested to be provided to the promoter should the entry be selected as the winning entry.
- By submitting your entry to the Promoter, you grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees a non-exclusive license to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in your entry and all other material provided by you to the Promoter pursuant to this Competition at any time.
- Without limiting the rights granted to the Promoter under clause 15, you specifically agree that clause 15 grants to the Promoter and Moomba the non-exclusive right to communicate your entry in whole or in part to the public throughout the world on any media platform and you grant to the Promoter all associated rights necessary to exercise the above rights.
- The entrant whose entry is judged by the Promoter’s panel of judges to be the best entry will be deemed the Winner. Chance plays no part in determining the prize winner.
- A panel of judges will select the winner of the Competition. The judge’s decision is final.
- The prize winner will see their Moomba Float design brought to life in the 2020 Moomba Parade and will be invited to travel with the float in the parade.
- No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash. In the event that any of the prizes become unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
- All other costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to any travel, spending money, meals, additional accommodation, insurance and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner.
- The winner will be notified on or by Friday 30 August 2019. The original drawing of the entry must be provided to Zoos Victoria by Friday 6 September 2019.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage caused, or suffered by the winner in relation to any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit.
- The winner must claim the prize within two weeks of being notified that you have won. Failure to claim the prize within two weeks will result in a redraw and you will not be entitled to any supplementary prize or benefit.
- You warrant that:(i) all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;(ii) you have all necessary rights and licenses to grant the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions;(iii) your entry is your original work and has not been previously communicated to the public;(iv) the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these Terms and Conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and you will indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
- You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to exercise any of the rights granted to it by these Terms and Conditions and any communication of your entry to the public by the Promoter is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
- You agree that the Promoter may use your entry and any personal details provided to the Promoter for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoter in any media without notice and without any fee being paid to you.
- Decisions of the Promoter and its panel of judges are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into. The name of the Major Prize Winners will be published on our website by Monday 9 September 2019.
- If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the prize/s to the prize winner/s of the Competition, the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
- All general Zoos Victoria “Conditions of entry” still apply. You can see these conditions of entry at www.zoo.org.au/about-us/terms-and-conditions-of-entry-to-our-zoos