2022 Zoos Victoria Readers Competition Terms and Conditions
This document sets out the terms of participation in the 2022 Zoos Victoria Readers Competition (the “Competition”).
- The promoter of this Competition is Zoos Victoria (the “Promoter”) ABN 96-913-959-053, located at the address of Elliott Avenue, Parkville VIC 3052.
- Entry to the Competition is open to all registered Victorian Foundation - Year 2 School Teachers. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or an organisation. Persons under 18 years of age are not eligible to apply. Employees of the Promoter and any person associated with the Competition, and any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s), are not eligible to enter.
- Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant instructions on the Promoter’s website (if any) form part of these Terms and Conditions
- Entry into the Competition is free and must be done via the Zoos Victoria website at www.zoo.org.au/zvreaders
- All entrants must be residents of Australia.
- Staff of Zoos Victoria are not eligible to enter.
- The Competition opens at 9am AEST on 26 April 2022 and closes at time on 11:59pm AEST 9 September 2022 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries
- To enter this Competition, you must: (i) complete the Pre-reader Evaluation survey in from the Zoos Victoria website in full and submit (ii) complete the post reader evaluation, which will be sent direct in full and submit.
- Valid details must be entered in the Registration form in order to be eligible to enter the competition. Entrants must select to receive the post reader evaluation.
- The entry must include your name, email address, member number (if relevant), contact phone number, and school details. By submitting your entry, you agree to the terms and conditions. Failure to submit the above information will deem your entry invalid.
- Prizes: Ten (10) winning schools will be selected to receive a visit from a Zoos Victoria staff member a) Winners must be located in the Melbourne Metropolitan region. Where winners are located in regional/remote Victoria, an exclusive online workshop will be delivered as an alternative. b) The school visit will be scheduled for one-hour in Term 4, 2022 at a mutually beneficial time for Zoos Victoria and the winning school.
- No component of either prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash. In the event that 2022 Zoos Victoria Reader Competition cannot go ahead, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel the competition.
- Any costs associated with entries, including but not limited to any travel, spending money, meals, additional accommodation, insurance and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the entrants.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage caused, or suffered by the winner in relation to any person entering into the Competition, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit.
- You warrant that:(i) all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;(ii) you have all necessary rights and licenses to grant the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions;(iii) your entry is your original work and has not been previously communicated to the public;(iv) the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these Terms and Conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and you will indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
- You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to exercise any of the rights granted to it by these Terms and Conditions and any communication of your entry to the public by the Promoter is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
- You agree that the Promoter may use your entry and any personal details provided to the Promoter for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoter in any media without notice and without any fee being paid to you.
- Decisions of the Promoter and its panel of judges are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into. Prize Winners will be notified by email by 11:59pm AEST, 12 September 2022.
- If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the prize/s to the prize winner/s of the Competition, the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- All general Zoos Victoria “Conditions of entry” still apply. You can see these conditions of entry at www.zoo.org.au/about-us/terms-and-conditions-of-entry-to-our-zoos