Ramadan Iftar Dinner terms and conditions 2023
This document sets out the terms of participation in the Zoos Victoria competition (Melbourne Zoo Ramadan Iftar Dinner competition).
1. The promoter of this Competition is Zoos Victoria Pty Ltd (the “Promoter”) ABN 969-139-590-53, located at the address of Elliott Avenue, Parkville VIC 3052.
2. Entry to the Competition is open to all people who receive an invitation to complete the Melbourne Zoo Ramadan Iftar Dinner via email. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation. Entrants under 18 years of age may enter only with parental or guardian consent and a parent or guardian over the age of 18 must accompany the entrant to all events.
3. Employees of the Promoter, Volunteers, Zoos Victoria board members and their immediate families, any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s), are not eligible to enter. Zoos Victoria reserves the right to require an entrant to produce identification and / or proof of age. "Immediate Family" of a person means the parents, siblings, children, and spouse or partner (whether legal or de facto) of that person and any person associated with the Competition.
4. Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant instructions on the Promoter’s website (if any) form part of these Terms and Conditions
5. Entry into the Competition is free.
6. The Competition opens at midnight, Thursday 23 March and closes at midnight Monday 10 April (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid.
7. To enter the Competition, you must complete the Melbourne Zoo Ramadan Iftar Dinner Survey and provide personal details at the conclusion of the survey. Competition entries are only valid for people who attended the event and the winner must confirm their details at the time of being notified.
8. By submitting your entry to the Promoter, you grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees a non-exclusive license to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in your entry and all other material provided by you to the Promoter pursuant to this Competition at any time.
9. Without limiting the rights granted to the Promoter under clause 10, you specifically agree that clause 10 grants to the Promoter the non-exclusive right to communicate your entry in whole or in part to the public throughout the world on any media platform and you grant to the Promoter all associated rights necessary to exercise the above rights.
10. The winners will be chosen by random draw at 10.30am on Monday 28 September 2020. This is a game of chance.
12. The prize pack consists of the following: Zoos Victoria Family Membership - valued at $252 RRP
13. The prize has a validity of 12 months from issue date.
14. No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash. In the event that any of the prizes become unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
15. All other costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to any travel, additional spending money, meals, additional accommodation and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner.
16. The winner must claim and or redeem the prize within one week of being notified by email that you have won. Failure to claim the prize within one week will result in a redraw and you will not be entitled to any supplementary prize or benefit.
17. In the event a redraw is necessary, it will take place at 4pm Tuesday 17 April.
18. You warrant that:(i) all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;(ii) you have all necessary rights and licenses to grant the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions;(iii) your entry is your original work and has not been previously communicated to the public;(iv) the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these Terms and Conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and you will indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
19. You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to exercise any of the rights granted to it by these Terms and Conditions and any communication of your entry to the public by the Promoter is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
20. You agree that the Promoter may use your entry and any personal details provided to the Promoter for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoter in any media without notice and without any fee being paid to you.
21. Decisions of the Promoter are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The winner will be notified by email.
23. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the prize to the prize winner/s of the Competition, the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
24. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
25. All general Zoos Victoria 'Conditions of entry' still apply. You can see these conditions of entry here.