Geography, Rhinos and Communities (Year 9 – 10)
Students will learn about how Zoos Victoria and Rhino Fund Uganda are supporting wild rhinos and community wellbeing, ensuring both can thrive together in the same environment.
Learn about how Zoos Victoria are working with Rhino Fund Uganda to support rhinos in the wild and local communities.
Students will gain an insight into how Rhino Fund Uganda manages Ziwa Sanctuary to support local community needs and protect rhinos in the wild. We will explore how human wildlife conflict can be addressed through problem solving and cooperation and how wildlife and people can flourish in the same place.
Students will learn:
- How Rhino Fund Uganda are managing Ziwa Sanctuary to support local communities and rhinos
- About a case study from Uganda which demonstrates how supporting wildlife can positively impact human wellbeing
- How local communities are working with Rhino Fund Uganda to help reduce human wildlife conflict
Victorian Curriculum 9-10
Environmental, economic and technological factors that influence environmental change and human responses to its management (VCGGK145)
- Students will learn how endangered rhinos and local communities share the same environment and how Rhino Fund Uganda have developed ways to ensure both thrive through farming and education
Issues affecting the development of places and their impact on human wellbeing, drawing on a study from a developing country or region in Africa, South America or the Pacific Islands (VCGGK153)
- Students will gain an insight into a case study from Uganda, which demonstrates how supporting wildlife can positively impact human wellbeing
Plan your webinar
- Session will open 10 minutes before the scheduled start time
- Participant mic and video will be turned off
- Each webinar may have participants from multiple schools
- Students can communicate with Zoo Teachers by typing in the Q&A
- If you need to know which of your students are attending, please do a roll call before or after the webinar