Teaching African Culture (Year 1 - 4)
This PD has been cancelled until further notice. Please visit this webpage for more information.
Enjoy a safari into the heart of Africa without the jetlag! This unique professional development opportunity will immerse you in African culture and give you the skills to create engaging geography and culture lessons for your students.
On the day, you will:
- Experience African cultural practices and activities you can re-create with your students
- Immerse yourself in an African Experience at Werribee Open Range Zoo including a 40 minute safari tour
- Meet other teachers and share experiences
This professional development supports links to to Victorian Curriculum Levels 1-4: Geography, and is mapped to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. It is accredited for teacher professional development hours in the following:
- Standard: 1.1 Physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of students
You will develop skills and build confidence to run activities that will promote understanding amongst students from diverse linguistic, cultural, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Standard: 4.1 Support student participation
You will develop ideas for activities that will assist in supporting inclusive student participation and engagement in cultural activities
- Standard: 6.2 Engage in professional learning and improve practice
You will have an opportunity to engage with other colleagues and improve practice
You will receive a certificate for professional development hours. Morning tea, vegetarian lunch and afternoon tea provided.