Virtual Excursion | Geography, Gorillas & Us Student Webinar (Year 7-10)
This webinar is especially for students taking part in the Geography, Gorillas & Us Year 7-10 Virtual Excursion program.
Zoos Victoria is offering free Virtual Excursions programs. Each excursion comes with a teaching guide, activities and a student webinar. While not a tour of the zoo, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
During the Geography, Gorillas & Us webinar, a Zoo teacher will run a workshop for your students and answer their questions.
This student webinar links to the Victorian Curriculum Levels 7-10 Geography, Ethical Capability
- Gain an insight into the personalities of the gorillas at Werribee Open Range Zoo
- Learn about how gorillas are uniquely adapted to survive in their environment
- Consider the social, political, economic and cultural factors in the Democratic Republic of Congo which impact human and gorilla survival
- Discover how to develop their own action plan for an endangered animal
- Content for this webinar is the same each time
- Session will open 10 minutes before the scheduled start time
- Participant mic and video will be turned off
- Each webinar may have participants from multiple schools
- Students can communicate with Zoo Teachers by typing in the Q&A
- If you need to know which of your students are attending, please do a roll call before or after the webinar
- Download Child Safe Standards of Commitment
Webinars run every week from Tuesday 6th October 2020:
- Mondays 1:45pm - 2:15pm AEDT
How to join:
- Teachers or parents can register students for the webinar.
- If students are joining from their own device, they will enter the email used for registration. When you register, choose an email address that you feel comfortable giving your students.
- Your registration email will have everything you need to know and what information to pass on to students.
- You and/or your students will need to install the Webex Meetings app.
- To join, students will enter their first name, last name, email address of teacher/parent who registered them and the webinar password.