Virtual Excursion | Geography, Gorillas & Us Year 7-10 Student Webinar
This webinar is especially for students taking part in the Geography, Gorillas & Us Year 7-10 Virtual Excursion program.
Zoos Victoria is offering free Virtual Excursions programs during the time of remote learning. Each excursion comes with a teaching guide, activities and a student webinar. While not a tour of the zoo, you will have an expert educator working remotely to talk directly to you.
During the Geography, Gorillas & Us webinar, a Zoo teacher will run a workshop for your students and answer their questions.
Students can join a webinar using a website link or the Adobe Connect app on their tablet or phone. They will need speakers or headphones to hear the conversation and a keyboard to type their questions into the chat box. No camera or microphone is required.
This student webinar links to the Victorian Curriculum Levels 7-10 Geography, Ethical Capability
- Gain an insight into the personalities of the gorillas at Werribee Open Range Zoo
- Learn about how gorillas are uniquely adapted to survive in their environment
- Consider the social, political, economic and cultural factors in the Democratic Republic of Congo which impact human and gorilla survival
- Discover how to develop their own action plan for an endangered animal
Student webinars for this program run every week from May 4:
- Mondays 1:40pm - 2:40pm AEST
- Tuesdays 10:00am - 10:30am AEST
- Wednesdays 11:10am - 11:40am AEST
Teachers or parent/guardians need to register on behalf of students. Complete the registration form below and you will receive instructions about how to join the webinar.