- Plan your visit
- What's on
- Wild encounters
Bring your torch and sense of adventure to Wild Nights at Werribee Open Range Zoo these school holidays!
From 27 June to 11 July, Werribee Open Range Zoo will come to life after dark, with fire shows, marshmallow toasting, glow in the dark fun and a mysterious Secret Garden to explore.
Rug up and tour the Zoo by torchlight, as you spot Hippos on the beach and Wild Dogs, Cheetah and Lions on the prowl. You can also get close to some very special nocturnal natives, including Squirrel Gliders, Fat-tailed Dunnarts and the critically endangered Eastern Barred Bandicoot.
Fire-spinning performers will delight visitors of all ages with nightly fire shows, and the kids will love the interactive Glow Zone which includes hula hooping and other glow-in-the-dark circus fun.
Follow the tiki torches to discover the light-dappled Secret Garden or settle in at the campfire and enjoy a hot chocolate and free marshmallow toasting under the stars.
Warm winter fare will be available in the cosy Meerkat Bistro, and the indoor play space, Ranger Kids, will provide a comfy spot for families to relax as the kids transform themselves into vets and rangers, caring for plush animals in the medic tent and testing out the wooden helicopter.
Rug up, pop on your gumboots and bring your torch for this very special adventure in the dark – and discover what goes bump, hoot and ROAR in the night!
Dusk Safari Tour
For the ultimate Wild Nights experience, book in for a special Dusk Safari Bus Tour of the African savannah, spotting Rhinos, Zebra and Antelope out on the grassy plains.
Dates: Every night, 27 June – 11 July
Time: 5pm – 6pm
Cost: Adult $60, Concession $50, Child $40 (includes admission to Wild Nights)
Members: Adult $40, Child $20 (includes admission to Wild Nights)
Tickets: Book in advance, via 1300 966 784
Love Wild Nights and don’t want to have to leave? An overnight stay at the Slumber Safari (link to http://www.zoo.org.au/werribee/wild-encounters/slumber-safari) Camp (complete with luxury tents and electric blankets!) can also be booked in advance.
Our Top Tips
- Wild Nights is an outdoor all weather event, including rain. Rug up, wear your gumboots and come out to play! (In the event of extreme weather any cancellations will be communicated via the Zoo Victoria’s social media channels)
- Be sure to bring a torch or purchase one at the Village Trader
- Marshmallows are provided free of charge
- The Safari Tour doesn’t run during the evening, however you can book a paid Dusk Safari which departs at 5pm.
- Entry to Wild Nights is available from 4pm (Prior to 4pm normal admission applies in addition to your Wild Nights ticket)
- The Meerkats and Gorillas will be in their night dens, but keep an eye out for the Lions, Cheetah, Hippos, Wild Dogs, Vervet Monkeys, Leopard Tortoises and native nocturnal species.
- Meals, drinks and snacks can be purchased at the Meerkat Bistro
- Check out special winter program, Monkey Play
- Learn about a very special nocturnal native, the Eastern Barred Bandicoot (http://www.zoo.org.au/werribee/animals/eastern-barred-bandicoot)
Adults: $35 / $10 members, Children 4 – 15 years: $7 / $5 members, Under 4 years: Free
Click here for Terms & Conditions