- Plan your visit
- What's on
- Wild encounters
Slumber Safari offers a truly memorable overnight experience for all ages. It is the ideal getaway for couples, groups, families or colleagues: an Out of Africa escape, just 30 minutes from the heart of Melbourne.
Slumber Safari brings together unique accommodation with a fully hosted experience including amazing close-up animal encounters, drinks and dips at sunset, a sumptuous dinner, awesome night-time activities including a night walk and toasting marshmallows around the evening campfire then a delicious supper of scones, jam and cream.
In the morning enjoy watching the animals on the African savannah awaken. A buffet breakfast will be served in the Safari Dining Hut as you take in the view.
Our safari camp offers an exceptional glamping (luxury camping) experience, with stunning tented lodges and creature comforts including en-suites, fans and electric blankets. The design has an authentic and earthy touch that says ‘safari’ and, with just eight tents in total, you share this amazing experience with just a few others.
For those who want to chill out and relax, you have your very own purpose-built balcony, overlooking the Werribee River and the Zoo's wonderful African savannah.
This is a fantastic overnight experience. Do something special with that someone special, treat the whole family, or organise a group. Adult-only camps are available each month and can be booked with our sales team. Slumber Safari gift vouchers are also available.
Slumber Safari includes:
- 2 days Zoo entry
- African-inspired dinner and buffet breakfast
- Fully hosted safari experience
- Animal Encounter and exclusive animal viewing opportunities
- 15% discount in the Village Trader (Zoo shop)
- 10% off additional Wild Encounters during your visit.
Please note: Animal encounters may vary slightly on each Slumber Safari.
Slumber Safari is an all weather program. Please call the Sales team for more information on 1300 966 784.
Dates open for bookings in October & November as of the 12th October.
- Thursday 20th October (10% Discount Night)
- Sunday 23rd October (Adults Only Night)
- Thursday 27th October (10% Discount Night)
- Thursday 3rd November (10% Discount Night)
- Sunday 6th November
- Thursday 10th November (10% Discount Night)
- Sunday 13th November
- Thursday 17th November (10% Discount Night)
- Sunday 20th November (Adults Only Night)
- Thursday 24th November (10% Discount Night)
- Healesville Sanctuary
- Melbourne Zoo
- Werribee Open Range Zoo
One small gift can change the lives of people and wildlife in Northern Kenya.
The meerkat is not a cat, it is a member of the civet family, which includes the otter and mongoose. You can help us fight extinction by adopting the Meerkat.
Join today for unlimited entry to three great zoos, from $6.65 per month. Plus kids join FREE on adult memberships.