ZOOS VICTORIA MEMBER COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This document sets out the terms of participation in the Zoos Victoria Member Summer Visit and Win Competition (the “Competition”).
- The promoter of this Competition is Zoos Victoria (the “Promoter”) ABN 96 913 959 053, located at the address of Elliott Avenue, Parkville VIC 3052.
- Entry to the Competition is open to all Victorian residents who are active Zoos Victoria Members. Entrants must be active members at the time of the draw. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. Entrants under 18 years of age may enter only with parental or guardian consent. Should the winner be under the age of 18 years, they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 18 years of age or over.
- Employees of the Promoter, Volunteers, Zoos Victoria board members and their immediate families, any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s), are not eligible to enter. Zoos Victoria reserves the right to require an entrant to produce identification and / or proof of age. "Immediate Family" of a person means the parents, siblings, children, and spouse or partner (whether legal or de facto) of that person and any person associated with the Competition.
- Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant instructions on the Promoter’s website (if any) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry into the Competition is free for active Zoos Victoria Members.
- The Major Prize Competition opens at 9am AEDT on Sunday 26 December 2021 and closes at 5pm on Monday 28 February 2022 (“Major Prize Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- To enter the Major Prize Competition, you must visit Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Zoo or Werribee Open Range Zoo during the Major Prize Competition period, scan an expedition QR Code, complete the questions and enter your contact details (see clause 8). Questions do not need to be answered correctly to be eligible to enter the draw.
- One entry per member per expedition per property (Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Zoo and Werribee Open Range Zoo).
- Members full name, email address and phone number must be provided for each entry and these details must match the member record held by Zoos Victoria. Incomplete or non-matching records will deem the entry to be invalid.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrants.
- By submitting your entry to the Promoter, you grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees a non-exclusive license to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in your entry and all other material provided by you to the Promoter pursuant to this Competition at any time.
- Without limiting the rights granted to the Promoter under clause 10, you specifically agree that clause 10 grants to the Promoter the non-exclusive right to communicate your entry in whole or in part to the public throughout the world on any media platform and you grant to the Promoter all associated rights necessary to exercise the above rights.
- The Major Prize winner will be chosen by random draw at Zoos Victoria Corporate Office, Elliott Avenue Parkville, Victoria, 3052 at 11am on Thursday 10 March, 2022. This is a game of chance.
- The major prize consists of one (1) of five (5) Family Slumber Safari Packages. Each package is valued at $1,140 and includes two (2) Adults and two (2) children aged 15 years and under. Total Prize Pool value is $5,700. Each Slumber Safari Package Prize includes:
- Two full days of access to Werribee Open Range Zoo
- A fully-hosted safari tour on the savannah
- Exclusive animal encounter and animal viewing opportunities (Animal encounters may vary slightly on each Slumber Safari)
- Meet the Keeper experience
- An African-inspired dinner and breakfast
- One night’s accommodation in a luxury lodge, with private bathroom
- Refreshments on arrival
- Complimentary glass of sparkling wine
- Free on-site parking
- Slumber Safari Terms and Conditions apply and can be found at https://www.zoo.org.au/werribee/whats-on/animal-encounters/slumber-safari/
- The value of the prize is inclusive of GST. The Major Prize must be booked through Zoos Victoria’s Customer Engagement Team by calling 1300 966 784 and must be booked within one (1) year of the date of voucher issue.
15. No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash. In the event that any of the prizes become unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
16. All other costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to travel expenses, travel insurance, additional spending money, meals (beyond what is stipulated in clause 13), taxes, vaccinations, transport to and from Werribee Open Range Zoo, in-room charges, Visas, and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner.
17. The Promoter will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage caused, or suffered by the winner in relation to any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any prize.
18. The winner must claim the prize within two weeks of being notified that you have won. Failure to claim the prize within two weeks will result in a redraw and you will not be entitled to any supplementary prize or benefit.
19. The redraw will take place at Zoos Victoria Corporate Office, Elliott Avenue Parkville, Victoria, 3052 at 11am on Thursday 24 March 2022.
20. You warrant that:(i) all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;(ii) you have all necessary rights and licenses to grant the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions;(iii) your entry is your original work and has not been previously communicated to the public;(iv) the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these Terms and Conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and you will indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
21. You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to exercise any of the rights granted to it by these Terms and Conditions and any communication of your entry to the public by the Promoter is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
22. You agree that the Promoter may use your entry, any personal details and photographic material related to the prize provided to the Promoter for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoter in any media without notice and without any fee being paid to you.
23. Decisions of the Promoter are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. The winner will be notified by phone and email. The name and suburb of the winner will also be published on zoo.org.au/member-vip-zone on Tuesday 29 March 2022.
25. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the prize/s to the prize winner/s of the Competition, the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
26. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
27. All general Zoos Victoria “Conditions of entry” still apply. You can see these conditions of entry at zoo.org.au/terms-and-conditions.