Terms and Conditions
- Single entry only
- Valid only at the specified property
- Lost, stolen or destroyed tickets cannot be replaced.
- Zoos Victoria reserves the right to request proof of age. Children 15 years and under must be supervised by an accompanying adult. An adult is deemed to be any person aged 16 years or older.
- By purchasing a ticket online, you give Zoos Victoria the right to email or text you a copy of your tickets and/or information relating to your visit to the zoo.
- Family weekday tickets need to be used in one admission.
- The Ticket attendant may request you present the order confirmation number, the credit card used to purchase tickets, photo identification and valid proof of any concession entitlement.
In the interests of safety and for your enjoyment, we also recommend that you apply the following minimum child to adult ratio when visiting our zoos:
- Children under 5 years: 1 adult to 3 children
- Children 5 – 8 years: 1 adult to 6 children
- Children 9 – 15 years: 1 adult to 10 children
Terms and conditions of entry
The Zoological Parks and Gardens Board (The Board), under Section 11 Zoological Parks and Gardens Act 1995, set the terms and conditions of entry to the zoological parks managed land under its administration.
When visiting the Zoo you must:
- Comply with all current Victorian Government coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions, as outlined on the Victorian Government coronavirus website;
- obey requests and instructions from our staff;
- comply with all the signs;
- behave appropriately;
- wear appropriate attire at all times.
- remain behind all fences and natural barriers;
- supervise children under 15 who are with you. Adult and carers are responsible for persons under their supervision. Adult and carers must be 16 years or older;
- retain entry tickets and wristbands and show our staff on request; and
- be responsible for your own personal property as we will not be responsible for any loss.
When visiting the Zoo you must not:
- bring in animals (other than guide dogs and assistance dogs, which are permitted in select areas of the Zoo);
- act unsafely towards yourself or others;
- interfere with any animals, including offering food;
- interfere with any plant, nest or habitat;
- be in any exhibits or any area that is closed to the public;
- without permission wade, swim or bathe in any lake, pond, stream or dams on its property;
- dress or behave in a way that may adversely affect other people's enjoyment at the Zoo;
- play any games or sports that could annoy animals or people or cause a nuisance;
- light any fires;
- offer to sell or hire any goods or services;
- broadcast anything, give a public lecture or distribute any written materials;
- smoke or use any e-cigarettes;
- bring in or use balloons, balls, water pistols, musical instruments or whistles or make very loud noises;
- bring in or use scooters, skates, skateboards, tricycles or bikes;
- put up beach umbrellas, tents or gazebos;
- leave litter;
- take photographs, films, recordings or make artwork for public display, for commercial purposes or for inappropriate use;
- drive or park a vehicle anywhere except a designated parking area; and
- the carriage and operation of drones (or any such aircraft) is prohibited.
Zoos Victoria reserves the right to:
- close any part or the whole of the Zoo;
- limit or prevent admission to the Zoo to ensure public safety;
- refuse entry to any person to the Zoo;
- require you to leave the Zoo immediately;
- remove any person or object from the Zoo;
- ban any person from the Zoo; and
- conduct bag checks, including asking you to remove an object in your bag so we can see inside fully.
Where we have taken photographs we may use those images in marketing campaigns or for internal training. If we propose to use those images in relation to a marketing campaign, we will seek your consent first. Visitors are advised that the zoo is fitted with security cameras and visitors may be filmed in any areas of its property. You enter the Zoo at your own risk. Where we can limit our liability at law, including under the Australian Consumer Law:
- our liability is limited to an amount equal to the cost of an adult entry ticket to Melbourne Zoo; and
- we exclude all other rights and remedies, including in contract, tort (including negligence), statutory duty or other breach of law.
Without limiting the above, we do not warrant or represent to any person that a Zoo or any part of it, including any animal exhibit or show, will be open during advertised times.
Important things you need to know
- Don't wear strong perfume or aftershave
- Wear flat, enclosed shoes
- Prams and strollers cannot be taken into the off-limits areas
- Weekends, school holidays and public holidays can be a busy time at the Zoo and parking is limited. Please allow sufficient time for parking and entering the Zoo.
Terms and conditions
- Zoos Victoria may choose to cancel specific camp dates or encounters due to inclement weather, animal welfare or insufficient bookings. Whenever possible, guests will be notified in advance and dates re-scheduled, or full payment will be refunded.
- Enclosed shoes must be worn for all animal experiences.
- No food or drink can be taken into experiences.
Participants afflicted with a cold, influenza, or cold sores will not be able to participate in experiences with monkeys or apes due to the risk of infection for our primates.
Due to unpredictable animal behaviour, experiences may vary.
- All participants must agree to follow the keeper's instructions.
- A paying adult must accompany children under 16 years of age. If the encounter allows children under 8, these children require a ratio of 1 Adult to 1 Child. Children over 8 require a supervision ratio of 1 Adult to 2 Children (unless otherwise indicated).
- For Roar 'n' Snore and Slumber Safari, a paying adult must accompany children under 18 years of age.Parents or adult guardians must take responsibility for participating children at all times.
- Participants may be asked to leave the enclosure at any time during the encounters at the discretion of Zoo staff.
- Photos can only be used for personal purposes. Flashes must not be used when taking photos. Rangers are unable to take photos of participants during the encounter. The publication, distribution, or reproduction of these photographs for commercial or promotional purposes is prohibited. For further information about commercial photography, contact the Zoo's Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prices subject to change.
Participants with open wound/s will not be able to participate in the Wade with the Platypus experience due to the risk of infection for both animals and participant.
In the event that you cancel your animal encounter the following cancellation applies:
- Seven days prior to the Encounter, a full refund or reschedule of booking available.
- 24 hours prior to the Encounter, no refund is allowed, but we will reschedule your booking or move funds to gift card for future use.
- For Roar N Snore, Slumber Safari and Zoo Snooze, reschedule or refund available for cancellations made seven days or more prior to event date. No reschedule or refund available for cancellations made less than seven days prior to the event date.
These Terms and Conditions of Use apply to all Gift Cards issued by Zoos Victoria ABN 96-913- 959-053.
YOUR PURCHASE, REDEMPTION OR ATTEMPTED REDEMPTION OF A GIFT CARD CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE AND AGREEMENT TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT.
This document contains the full set of terms and conditions governing your use of the Gift Card. We recommend that you read this document carefully before using the Gift Card. If you have any complaints, questions or would like more information about your Gift Card, please call 1300 966 784 or contact us by email: email@example.com.
"Activities" means zoos programs while on offer. Example of programs include “Wildlife Encounters, overnight camps, etc.
“Gift Card” means the gift card or similar stored value product (however titled) that you have purchased or received.
"Zoos Victoria" means Zoological Parks and Gardens Board trading as Zoos Victoria ABN: 913- 959-053of Elliott Avenue, Parkville, Victoria 3052.
“Zoos Victoria’s properties” means Melbourne Zoo, Healesville Sanctuary and Werribee Open Range Zoo.
A reference to "we" or "us" is a reference to Zoos Victoria.
Gift Card Uses & Exclusions
Except for the exclusions listed below, your Gift Card may be used to purchases most zoos’ activities.
The Gift Card cannot be used to purchase the following:
- “Zoo Twilight” events
- Education Programs
- Other gift cards
- Retail products at all shops or online
- Food and drinks from our catering outlets
- Third party supplier’s products
You can used the Gift Card to purchase the following:
- Any zoo ticketed events and activities
- Member events
- General admission to Zoos Victoria’s properties
- Zoo Victoria Membership
There could be restrictions such as age, group size, apply to the activities offered. Please check the terms and conditions for the activity you intend to purchase on our website, before redeeming your Gift Card.
Purchases exceeding the Remaining Gift Card Value
Your Gift Card may only be used to make purchases up to the initial Gift Card value or the Remaining Gift Card Value. If you wish to make a purchase for an amount that exceeds the Gift Card value or the Remaining Gift Card Value, you must pay the excess using another payment method.
No cash advances
Gift Cards are not legal tender. You cannot redeem your Gift Card for cash or receive any portion of the Remaining Gift Card Value in cash.
Expiry, cancellation and reissue of Gift Card
- The Gift Card is valid for three years from date of issue or until a $0 balance is reached; whichever occurs first. We are unable to extend the validity date of the GIFT CARD.
- The Gift Card value must be redeemed or utilised before the expiry date. Any balance that remains on a Gift Card will not be available for use after the expiry date.
- The Gift Card cannot be:
- Reloaded with any additional dollar value;
- Exchange for another Gift Card
Lost or stolen Gift Cards
Treat your Gift Card like cash. Lost or stolen Gift Cards will not be replaced or refunded. The bearer of the Gift Card will be taken to be the owner of the Gift Card.
Refunds or transfer
Except to the extent required by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, Gift Cards are not transferable and non-refundable.
Changes to Terms and Conditions of Use
Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to change any of the terms and conditions at any time where the change is required.
Our Privacy Statement explains how we handle the personal information that we may collect from you with respect to Gift Cards. A copy of the Privacy Statement is available here. It’s important that you read and understand both the Privacy Statement.
- The first nominated donation amount will be deducted from your credit or debit card immediately, with further instalments on the same date or previous business day of each of the following months via a nominated MasterCard, VISA, AMEX or Paypal account.
- You authorise Zoos Victoria to debit from your nominated credit card, debit card or Paypal account in amounts advised.
- If a payment is missed or refused, three additional attempts will be made to complete the transaction and you will be sent a reminder email to your nominated address requesting an update of your credit card detail.
- Missed payments will accrue during the period that valid card details are unavailable and will be billed as a lump sum upon reinstatement of valid details.
- You can cancel these donations at any time, by using the account management portal on the Zoos Victoria donations website or by calling 1300 966 784.
- A receipt for your donation will be issued on or after 1 July annually. The receipt will reflect the total amount donated over the previous 12 month financial year.
- All donations over $2.00 to Zoos Victoria are fully tax deductible.
- A donation to Zoos Victoria does not entitle the donor to free access to the zoos.
- It is your responsibility to:
- Have sufficient clear funds available in the nominated account on the scheduled payment date.
- Ensure the account details you have provided are correct, including letting us know should the expiry date change.
- Ensure your contact details are correct at all times and to update them if they do change.
- Have sufficient clear funds available in the nominated account on the scheduled payment date.
- If you believe a payment has been done incorrectly, please contact our customer engagement team on 1300 966 784.
Members who elect to pay yearly membership fees must select one of the following plans:
(a) Annual Membership - pay by the month plan
|automatically roll over your membership from year to year until you opt-out in accordance with these terms and conditions.|
|(b) Annual Membership - automatic rollover plan||automatically roll over your membership from year to year until you opt-out in accordance with these terms and conditions.|
|(c) Annual Membership - single year plan||Payment is deducted in one instalment on the date of joining via your nominated MasterCard, VISA.credit card or Paypal account|
The terms and conditions applicable to each type of plan are set out below. In applying for or using a membership, you agree to these terms and conditions.
1. CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL MEMBERSHIP PLANS
- Membership grants the listed member or members (except for supporter membership) unlimited entry during normal opening hours to Melbourne Zoo, Sir Colin MacKenzie Zoological Park (also referred to as "Healesville Sanctuary") and Werribee Open Range Zoo for 12 continuous months ending on the date of expiry of that membership. This is subject to our right to suspend or terminate any membership. Supporter Membership must pay an entry fee (refer to conditions in Section 2).
- Zoo News subscription will be provided throughout the year either via direct mail or electronically.
- Children under 16 years of age cannot become members on their own and must be added to an adult membership.
- Membership is not transferable. Only the named person or persons listed on a membership card may use it.
- If required, we may require that you provide proof of identification or proof of documentation to receive the concessional membership fee. For example- A student membership covers a full-time student on presentation of valid student card or another form of identification acceptable to us.
- We may change or revoke any membership terms, benefits, or privileges at our discretion. We will try to give you advance notice (at least 28 days) of any such changes, for example by email or in our newsletters.
- Except to the extent required by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, membership is not exchangeable or refundable, pro-rata or otherwise. However, a Supporter Membership can be upgraded to a standard Zoo Membership during the applicable membership period, and the amount paid for the supporter membership will be credited towards the new membership package.
- Membership entry benefits do not apply to special events such as "Zoo Twilights" or other similar events. Child membership entry benefits do not apply to school, kindergarten and childcare visits in which that child is participating.
- You must notify us promptly of any change to your nominated contact details.
- You authorise Zoos Victoria to debit from your nominated credit card, debit card or Paypal account all amounts payable under these terms and conditions without further notice. This includes consent to multiple debit attempts if a payment fails to transfer.
- We may refuse any application for membership.
- Membership upgrades are offered to visitors who have purchased a Zoos Victoria admissions ticket for entry to Melbourne Zoo, Werribee Open Range Zoo or Healesville Sanctuary. Only one adult, concession or senior admissions ticket can be deducted per adult, concession or senior Zoos Victoria Membership. A visitor has 14 days from their admissions ticket visit date to upgrade to a Zoos Victoria Membership and must produce a Zoos Victoria receipt. Upgrades are available at Zoo admissions or by calling 1300 966 784.
1.2. Ancillary Benefits
Ancillary benefits are arrangements offered from time to time. They can change over time, and Zoos Victoria will update the offer on our website or advised members any changes by email or through Zoo News. We are not liable for any reduction in ancillary benefits.
- Reciprocal Entry to partner zoos
- This benefit is not available for Supporter Membership.
- Partners can vary and terminate the reciprocal arrangement between zoos at any time. You should be aware that Zoos Victoria does not guarantee the benefit or be responsible for partner zoos withdrawing from the program.
- For Zoos Victoria members who live in NSW, SA, QLD, NT, WA and ACT, reciprocal entry rights to selected interstate zoos (which may include Taronga Zoo, Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Adelaide Zoo, Monarto Zoo and Perth Zoo) apply to Adult, Child under 4, Concession and Seniors. Children between the ages of 4 and 15 may be charged an entry fee.
- For Zoos Victoria members who live in Victoria or Tasmania, reciprocal entry rights to selected interstate zoos (which may include Taronga Zoo, Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Adelaide Zoo, Monarto Zoo and Perth Zoo) applies to all membership types.
- Partner zoos may charge you a non-refundable entry fee if you do not present a valid Zoos Victoria membership card upon entry, along with any other proof of identity and entitlement to concessions that the partner zoo requires. The same rule applies for interstate zoo members entering a Zoos Victoria property.
- Reciprocal rights between interstate zoos only apply to zoo entry, and no discounting on retail purchases or food outlets at an interstate zoo will be applied. The same rule applies for interstate zoo members entering a Zoos Victoria property.
- Zoos Victoria may offer benefits, special program and activities including member events and activities such as Zoo Twilight or animal previews. However, you must opt-in to receive such benefits. A Support Member must still pay Zoo entry or other charges to attend such an event.
- Discount is given for purchases of Zoos Victoria’s program, activities and at the retail shop. Discount at the retail stores will be given upon presentation of a valid Zoos Victoria membership card and information collected is linked to their membership. Discount does not apply to goods or services offered by a third party vendor; for example, all catering outlets at Zoos Victoria are operated by third-party vendors.
- Zoos Victoria may notify you of any benefits offered by our partners and sponsors. However, you must opt-in to receive details of the offer.
1.3. Annual Membership - single year plan
The Plan will be deducted in one instalment on the date of joining via your nominated MasterCard, VISA or Paypal account. For other plans refer to sections below.
1.4. Cancellation or suspend your membership by Zoo Victoria
- We can immediately cancel or suspend your membership if:
- We consider that you or another person on your membership card has breached our membership terms and conditions;
- We consider that you or another person on your membership card has breached Zoos Victoria terms and conditions of entry;
- If you fail to pay the amount for your membership when due.
- We can suspend any membership for a period determined in our absolute discretion.
1.5. If we cancel or suspend your membership, or if you cancel your membership:
- All amounts that you owe to us will remain due and payable despite the suspension or cancellation
- Upon cancellation, all of your membership benefits including entry to Zoos will be cancelled
- Upon suspension, all of your membership benefits including entry to Zoos, will be suspended for the period of suspension. However, instalment will continue to be deducted as outlined in Section 1.2(a) for Pay-by-the-month Plan or as outlined in Section 2.1.3(a) for Automatic Rollover Plan.
1.6. Cancellation by a member
You can cancel your membership by notifying us. However:
- If you have an Annual Membership - pay by the month plan, and cancel before the end of the membership period, you must pay us Zoos Victoria all of the remaining instalments and all other amounts that you owe us Zoos Victoria at the time of cancellation.
- If you have an Annual Membership - automatic renewal plan and wish to opt-out of the automatic rollover of your plan, you must follow the process set out below Section 2.
1.7. Use of lapsed member information
- Zoos Victoria will continue to keep lapsed members informed about special promotions, events and other specials offers and discounts relevant to the Zoo, its member program and business partners until a lapsed member unsubscribes from the Zoos Victoria database.
2. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS FOR SPECIFIC ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP PLAN
2.1. Pay-by-the-month or automatic rollover plan
The additional common and specific conditions apply to Pay-by-the-month Plan or Automatic Rollover Plan are:
2.1.1. Common conditions for pay-by-the-month plan or automatic rollover plan
- You must:
- Have sufficient cleared funds available in your nominated account on the scheduled payment date
- Ensure the account details you have provided are correct, including letting us know if the expiry date for your nominated MasterCard or VISA card changes or changes to a PayPal account.
- If any payment is not successful or is dishonoured by your financial institution:
- We will request immediate payment from you
- We reserve the right to recover from you all costs, charges and fees associated with the unsuccessful or dishonoured payment that is levied by our financial institution
- Your new or renewed yearly membership will not be confirmed until a successful payment has been processed
- Without limiting our other rights, we may refer any outstanding amounts in relation to your membership to our collections agency for recovery. We can recover from you as a debt due to any costs and expenses that we incur in doing so, in addition to suspending or terminating your membership.
- You agree to an automatic rollover of your zoo membership from year to year unless you choose to opt-out by notifying us by no later than 1.00pm (AEST) on the final day of your current membership period.
- Membership fees may increase from year to year. We will provide you with at least 28 days' written notice of any change in the price of your next year’s membership, and any changes to plan privileges, terms and conditions, prior to the first payment in the new membership period being deducted. [Notice period for confirmation. Also, for consistency, it may be preferable to express the time period in "business days".]
- New paying members cannot be added on to an existing plan. They must enter into their own Annual Membership - pay by the month plan agreement with Zoos Victoria.
2.1.2. Specific conditions for pay-by-the-month plan
- The plan payments will be deducted in 12 instalments, beginning on the day the membership is purchased or renewed (as applicable). Further instalments will be withdrawn on the same date or previous business day of each of the following 11 months. Payment must be via your nominated MasterCard, VISA or Paypal account.
- If payment falls due on a day, which is not a business day in Victoria, the debit will occur on the next business day. In addition, on the instalment day of each month, we will deduct from your nominated account all other amounts that you owe to us.
- If you default on your monthly instalments in any membership period, we do not have to offer you an Annual Membership - pay by the month plan as a payment option in the future. If we choose to offer you this plan, your new or renewed membership will not be confirmed until we receive all amounts that you owe to us.
- Volunteer, Teacher and YATZ memberships and gift memberships are not available on this plan.
2.1.3. Specific conditions for automatic rollover plan
- The plan payment will be deducted in one instalment on the date of joining and then annually on each anniversary of the day you join. Payment must be via your nominated MasterCard, VISA or Paypal account.
- If payment falls due on a day, which is not a business day in Victoria, the debit will occur on the next business day.
3. TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR OTHER ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP PLAN
The membership terms and conditions will apply to all programs or plan, unless it is excluded and substituted by specific terms and conditions for the program or plan.
The specific terms and conditions for a program or plan will be specified when joining the program.
3.1. Specific Terms and conditions for Supporter Membership
- A Supporter Membership is a non-access annual membership available to those aged 16 years and above. This type of membership does not entitle the member to enter Zoos for free, including participating interstate zoos.
- A Supporter Membership is active for 12 months from date of purchase. It can be upgraded to a standard Zoo Membership at any stage during that 12 month period, with the price of the supporter membership being credited towards the new membership package.
- Teacher Tribe Memberships are available to those that teach in a Victorian pre-school, school, TAFE, adult community and further education or university; or students enrolled in a teacher training program. Teacher Tribe Memberships are also available to registered home school educators
- Members will be asked to present a VIT card or proof of eligibility of meeting the above categories (eg. Student card with course listed or employee identification) upon signing up to be a Teacher Member and may be required to gain entry.
- A valid Zoos Victoria teacher membership grants the listed members unlimited entry during normal opening hours to Melbourne Zoo, Healesville Sanctuary and Werribee Open Range Zoo for 12 months.
- A Zoos Victoria teacher membership is only valid during the period up to and including the date of expiry.
- To remain a subscriber the member agrees to provide a current working email address to receive e-newsletters and information from Zoos Victoria.
- A Zoos Victoria teacher membership is not refundable.
- Membership is not transferable and can only be used by the person named on the membership card.
- A member’s subscription may be terminated where there is a failure to comply with the terms and conditions of membership.
- No additional adults or children can be added to a teacher membership.
- Teacher Membership are available for purchase on entry, or through the Zoos Victoria Sales Office. Phone number 1300 966 784.
- As this is a professional membership we cannot deduct your general admission receipt when you purchase a new Zoos Victoria teacher membership.
- There is no pro-rata or refund membership subscriptions.
- The member is responsible for ensuring the details of their Zoos Victoria membership are correct at all times.
- Reciprocal free entry to interstate zoos are subject to change.
- No concessions or further discounts apply.
LEAP online workshops
All rights reserved. The information contained in the workshops may not be used, published or redistributed without the prior written consent of Zoos Victoria.
Zoos Victoria is sharing their experience with you. Therefore it may or may not be applicable or suitable to your environment or business needs. Please do a risk assessment of your staff capability, skills and experience in this area. Participants must make all required inquiries and conduct appropriate due diligence to determine whether the information provided is appropriate for their business needs before relying on the information provided. Participants must take into account their own environment when applying the methodology provided in the learnings. Zoos Victoria does not guarantee that the information provided will be free from inaccuracies or meet specific needs and requirements of participants.
- Please note a minimum of 12 attendees are required for this workshop (refunds will be made if needed).
- Bookings cancelled at least 30 days prior to the event date will be given a full refund.
- Cancellations between 14 and 30 days prior to the event date incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Bookings cancelled within 14 days of the event incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- No transfer of booking date will be offered within 72 hours of the booking.
Online Shopping terms and conditions
These terms apply to the ordering, purchase and delivery of Goods from Zoos Victoria Online Store and form a contract between you and Zoological Parks and Gardens Board trading as Zoos Victoria ABN 96-913-959-053 of Elliott Avenue, Parkville, Melbourne Victoria 3052 (Zoos Victoria). By using the Site in any manner, you agree and accept the Terms.
These Terms contain important information about the ordering, processing, and delivery of Goods, including limitation of liability. Zoos Victoria reserves the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove, or vary the services or Terms and/or any page of this Site. Each time you use the Site, you should review and be aware of the current Terms.
1. Compliance with Terms You will be bound by these Terms each time you submit an Order.
2. Placing Orders for Goods
2.1. By placing an Order on the Site, you are making an offer to enter into an agreement to purchase the product(s) in that order. Orders will be deemed received by Us at the time We send an order confirmation to your nominated e-mail address. It is your responsibility to ensure that the correct email address and contact details are entered with your Order.
2.2. You will receive a tax Invoice from Zoos Victoria for products sold and fulfilled by Zoos Victoria.
2.3. We will not be liable to you for any loss you or any third party suffers as a result of, or in connection with, a delay or failure to process your Order or deliver Goods due to inaccurate or incomplete details provided in an Order.
2.4. You may place an Order on the Site if you are aged 16 years or over and have an active email account or a telephone number at which you can be contacted.
2.5. If you place consecutive or separate Orders, we cannot consolidate your Orders. A separate Delivery Fee, if applicable, will apply to each Order.
2.6. We reserve the right to accept or reject your Order for any reason at any time. If we reject your Order you will receive a refund of any money paid.
2.7. Your Order becomes a sale when your Order is dispatched, and we have issued you a Tax Invoice.
3. Availability of Goods
3.1. From time to time, some Goods may be out of stock or are unavailable and we may not be able to fulfil all or part of your Order. If this happens, we will refund you the price paid for the Goods impacted.
3.2. We may withdraw or suspend from sale any Good displayed on the Website, either temporarily or permanently, at any time and without notice. Zoos Victoria will not be liable to you for any loss you or any third party suffer as a result of a withdrawal or suspension of sale of a particular Good.
3.3. Where a Good which is the subject of an Order has been withdrawn or suspended from sale and your payment for the Good has already been processed, we will refund any money paid to us in accordance with clause 6.
3.4. Zoos Victoria reserves the right not to honour any incorrect offers represented on the Website made by genuine human or system error. Where your Order is affected by an error on the Website (for example, in a description, an image, Price or otherwise), We will reject that part of the Order affected by the error. You will be refunded the value of that part of your Order affected by the error, in accordance with clause 6, and Zoos Victoria will fulfil the remainder of your Order. If you are not satisfied with the partial fulfilment of your Order, you can return your Order to us under the Returns Policy.
3.5. If your Order is affected by a genuine error (including in a description, an image or a Price), we reserve the right to cancel your Order and refund any money paid to us.
3.6. You acknowledge and agree that: 7
(a) all pictures and images of Goods displayed are for illustrative purposes only; and
(b) any accessory featured with the Goods is for illustrative purposes only, and may be sold separately.
4. Price and payment
4.1. When you place an Order, we will charge you and you agree to pay the Price and any applicable Delivery Fee.
4.2. All Prices are in Australian Dollars and, if GST applies, inclusive of GST. Any fees and charges (including Delivery Fees) imposed by these Terms also include GST where applicable.
4.3. We reserve the right to change or alter Prices without notice to you. If you have already submitted an Order at a particular Price, we will supply your Goods at that Price (unless your Order is affected by a pricing error, in which case clause 3.4 will apply).
4.4. Payment methods are specified on the Website, currently we accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and PayPal Payment methods may be subject to change.
4.5. Any payment for an Order must be cleared by Zoos Victoria before Goods are dispatched. If your payment cannot be processed, your Order will be rejected and you will be notified of this. If a credit card payment cannot be processed you should contact your card issuer to try to resolve the problem, or use an alternative payment method in order to continue with your Order.
4.6. In paying or attempting to pay for Goods, you agree that you have not engaged in any fraudulent conduct or contravened any Law.
5.1. All orders are processes and shipped through a delivery agent e.g., Australia Post
5.2. Delivery Fees are applicable, and the charges are displayed on our website.
5.3. Delivery Fees are subject to change with notice.
5.4. The delivery agent may offer other delivery options and conditions. For example, Australia Post offers Parcel Locker Collection. Buyer must make their own arrangements.
5.5. A signature on delivery may be required. If you refuse to sign the delivery document, this will be taken as refusal to accept delivery.
6. Order cancellations and returns
6.1. Unless provided for under these Terms or as otherwise agreed by Zoos Victoria, no cancellations or changes to Orders will be accepted, and the Goods will be delivered to the Delivery Address in an Order. You should carefully check that your Order is accurate before you submit it. You will, however, be able to return Goods under the Returns Policy.
6.2. If we cannot contact you about your Order using the contact details you provided in the Order, after having made reasonable attempts to contact you, we will cancel your Order and refund any money paid.
6.3. Unless otherwise explicitly stated by Us, Delivery Fees will not be refunded if you return Goods for change of mind or if you made an incorrect selection, including if you ordered the incorrect size, colour etc.
6.4. No refund is allowed any items on sale unless it is faulty.
6.5. Any Goods you purchase can only be returned in accordance with these Terms and the Returns Policy. The Returns Policy forms a part of these Terms.
6.5.1. Return the item in its original condition and original packaging within 30 days of the original purchase date.
6.5.2. Supply a copy of your original receipt with the returned items.
6.5.3. Sender must return the items by registered post via a delivery agent.
6.6. Zoos Victoria will process any refunds within a reasonable time of agreeing to do so.
6.7. Refunds will be processed on the same card or method as the original payment was made.
6.8. Return must be mailed to Zoos Victoria, Retail Online Store, Elliott Avenue, Parkville Victoria 3052, Australia.
6.9. Returns are not accepted on at our physical stores. 6.10. Proof of purchase must be provided for returned goods.
7. Promotions and discounts
7.1. Zoos Victoria offers discount to Zoo Victoria Members.
7.2. A code must be used to redeem the member discount.
7.3. Information regarding Zoos Victoria membership is on our website.
7.4. Promotion or discount an be withdrawn at any time without notice.
8.2. Unless otherwise indicated by you at the time you placed your Order, Zoos Victoria may send you marketing information
8.3. Zoos Victoria reserves the right to conduct and implement fraud detection processes, including without limitation to validating your credit card details. If your nominated payment method triggers our fraud prevention protocols, we may contact you to confirm additional details, or rescind the transaction. In this case, your Order must pass our fraud prevention protocols before it will be fulfilled. If you do not provide the requested information within the required time frame, your Order will be cancelled and payment returned, if applicable, to the method you originally paid. These information requests are sent to help protect credit card holders from online fraud.
9. Risk & Liability
9.1. Risk and title in the Goods pass to you on the date and time of delivery of the Goods to you by the Delivery Agent.
9.2. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure
9.3. You represent and warrant to Us that We will not be liable for any expense or injury (including indirect loss such as loss of revenue, profits, anticipated savings, goodwill or business opportunity, injury to your reputation) in contract, tort, under statue or otherwise, howsoever caused including arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with these Terms.
9.4. Our liability to you for loss or damage of any kind arising out of these Terms will be reduced or limited to the extent (if any) that you cause or contribute to the loss or damage.
10.1. We may, at our discretion, terminate the agreement for the supply of Goods to you:
(a) for convenience, at any time, on giving notice to yo u; or
(b) immediately if We reasonably believe that you have breached these Terms and: (i). that the breach is not capable of remedy; or (ii). if you have been provided with notice of the breach, and you have failed to remedy that breach within 14 days (where the breach is able to be remedied).
11.1. We reserve the right at all times to make changes to these Terms. Any variations to these Terms will take effect from posting on the Website. The Terms which apply at the time you place an Order are those that govern that Order.
11.2. The laws of Victoria, Australia govern this agreement. Your transaction is deemed to have taken place in Victoria.