Thank you for collecting phones to help wild gorillas.
Funds generated support Zoos Victoria and the Gorilla Doctors.
- Our recycling partner, Mobile Muster, recycles phones collected through schools, workplaces and community groups.
- We accept all mobile phones, tablets and associated accessories in any condition.
- We understand the importance of data security. All data on phones is destroyed in the recycling process, and you can take additional steps by viewing Mobile Muster's data video in our FAQs below.
Got more than 10 phones now? You can book your FREE courier pick up.
Want to start your own phone collection at your school, workplace or community group?
Let your colleagues, school or friends know that a phone collection is happening to help gorillas. Download and print or send the below materials to promote your collection.
- They're Calling on You A3 poster for printing (PDF)
- They're Calling on You A4 Information sheet (PDF)
- Phone Collection box labels (PDF)
Contact us if you have any questions about your phone collection. We also love to hear how your collection is going!
Frequently Asked Questions
One of the biggest threats to Eastern Lowland Gorillas (also known as Grauer's Gorillas) is the illegal mining of minerals such as coltan, a metallic ore used in technology such as mobile phones. As demand for technology increases, so too does the impact of mining on gorillas habitat.
Our recycling partner Mobile Muster breaks down phones and accessories into their different component materials. From here they are able to recycle more than 95% of your phone's materials.
We understand the importance of data security. All data contained on phones is destroyed in the recycling process, however for peace of mind, we recommend Factory Resetting and clearing data before sending phones in. Our partner Mobile Muster has provided tutorial videos on how to manage your data:
While we make every effort to ensure that the material and information on this website is accurate and up-to-date when published, it is general information intended as a guide only. Please keep in mind that you are responsible to ensure that any personaly information has been erased from your mobile device. If needed, seek advice relevant to your mobile phone from the manufacturer.
We accept mobile phones and tablets of any age of in any condition, as well as all associated accessories such as chargers.
Yes. Click here to donate corporate fleet phones.
We'd love to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org