- Visit our zoos
- What's on
- Fighting extinction
- Get involved
- About us
Education at Werribee Open Range Zoo
About Werribee Open Range Zoo
Werribee Open Range Zoo is home iconic animals from the grasslands of Asia, North America and Australia. Our expert education team will immerse your young learners in experiences that connect them to animals, real-life issues and actions that help us create a future rich in wildlife. There is plenty to see at this 200 hectare property.
Our excursion programs are included with your admission price at no extra cost. Book your program now
Before you visit
- Watch the video above with your children or students. You can also download it by visiting Vimeo
- Use our Teaching Resources to give your curriculum a boost
- Visit the Student Hub to do any research and find out more about the animals at Werribee Open Range Zoo
When you arrive
Ask the organising teacher to go to the Admissions area to sign in and arrangement payment. Use the Members Express Lane for quick service.
Storage options are available – ask our team when you book your visit. Ensure all food is secured in bags or lunchboxes (or our native wildlife may decide to help themselves). Please take your valuables with you.
Check out our online map for mobile devices. You can also collect a printed map. Staff and volunteers are also there to help you find your way around the Zoo.
Werribee Open Range Zoo’s Keeper Talks are a unique opportunity to hear about our animals from the people who know them best. See what’s on.
We will book your group into free safari tour! Once on board you will be transported through arid landscapes and savannah grasslands to explore the open plains and learn about some of the world’s most endangered species.
To ensure that all students have an enjoyable experience at Werribee Open Range Zoo, the following Social Script and Sensory Map have been created to help prepare students for their visit.
Download the Autism Friendly Social Script.
Download the Sensory Map
When booking a visit to Werribee Open Range Zoo, our terms and conditions of entry apply. Please consider the following guidelines:
- Children and students remain the responsibility of the teacher at all times
- Groups are asked to move through the Zoo respectfully and consider animals and members of the public
- Students and adult helpers should understand the needs of the animals and behave accordingly – loud noises and sudden movements can upset the animals. For this reason, ball games and whistles are not permitted
We’re looking forward to seeing you at Werribee Open Range Zoo. Call us anytime between 9am-5pm on (03) 9340 2788.
Book an education program
We will need the following to book your excursion:
- Education program of your choice
- Preferred excursion date
- School name and address
- Name, phone number and email of organising teacher
- Number of students/classes and their year level
Designed to address a range of curriculum outcomes, our education programs guide young people through an integrated learning experience.