All you need to know about applying for a role at Zoos Victoria.
You've applied for your job at Zoos Victoria, what comes next?
Shortly after submitting an application, you will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received.
If you do not receive confirmation within 24 hours, please get in contact with us to ensure your application has been received.
- Applications will be short listed by the recruiting manager based on relevant skills and experience.
- Applicants who meet the Key Selection Criteria will invited to interview by phone after the closing application date.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified via email after the closing application date.
- Successful applicants will be invited to interview. Depending on the role this may be conducted as an individual interview, a group interview, or a phone screening and may consist of up to two rounds of interviews.
- The next stage will depend on the role type but it could involve a pre-employment medical, psychometric testing and reference checking of up to two referees.
Group interviews for some roles
Successful applicants applying for some roles may be invited to a group interview. These group interviews may take up most of the day and include a number of different activities directly related to the vacant position and/or an additional interview at the end of the day.
You’ve got the job!
Successful applicants will be made a verbal offer of employment via phone. If this is accepted, an employment contract and new starter pack will be posted to the successful applicant.