Working for Zoos Victoria
Explore the benefits, learn about training and development, and discover what it's like to be part of the Zoos Victoria team.
Zoos Victoria is an intricate fabric woven together with hundreds of unique roles critical to the everyday running of four world class zoos as well the development of innovative threatened species programs.
We know the work our staff do every day is very extremely important and we try to reward them for their contribution in any way we can.
- Workplace giving
- Threatened species recovery program fieldwork opportunities
- Employment Assistance Program for staff requiring confidential advice or counselling
- Free physiotherapy appointments offered during work hours
We care about family
- Paid paternity and maternity leave for young families
- All staff have access to a range of entitlements negotiated as part of Zoos Victoria's two Enterprise Bargaining Agreements.
Rewards and recognition
- Service recognition program
- We offer a family Zoo Membership for all staff and their immediate family which includes discounts on retail products, event tickets and behind the scenes experiences
Making your life easier
- Selected salary sacrifice and salary packaging opportunities
- Zoos Victoria has a strong commitment to flexible work arrangements and this includes providing reasonable flexibility to employees to allow them to effectively manage their work, life, family and personal needs by supporting flexible working arrangements.
- Zoos Victoria recognises the importance of flexible working arrangements in maintaining a diverse and adaptable workforce and all requests for flexible working arrangements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Staff training and development
We provide training and development opportunities to foster high achievement as individuals and within teams. These include:
- Professional development opportunities
- Formal training
- Scholarships to advance your education and professional development
- Fellowships for experience-based development opportunities within the conservation space
Occupational health and safety
Caring for our people, visitors and animals is fundamentally important to our organisation. Our Health and Safety Commitment goes across all parts of the business, including:
- Ensuring a safe work environment
- Health and wellbeing
- Emergency management
- Accident and hazard reporting
- OH&S management and compliance