Kids party FAQs
- Our Kids party packages are suitable for children between 2 yrs and 10 yrs.
- Infants (under 2 yrs.) who are not requiring catering will not be charged.
- Our menu is child friendly options and our sandwich fillings are ham and cheese, vegemite and cheese.
- A full vegetarian menu can be selected.
- A dedicated food and beverage attendant is included, however this is not a party host.
- You can bring your own cake; however, we are unable to provide refrigeration. We will serve and cut the cake and provide napkins/plates.
- You can order our Zoo Bakery cupcakes which are a mixture of designs, you are unable to select your design. A minimum 10 days notice is required to order our cupcakes.
- It includes decorating an animal shortbread biscuit which can be eaten or taken home.
- Safari Bus tour runs at pre-determined times and is pre-booked for your group.
- Two complimentary adult tickets are included per booking. All other adults attending must purchase admission tickets. If ticketing is booked through us, you will receive a 50% discount at $23 per adult*. The cut off for ticketing orders is 10 days prior to the function date. After this date no changes or additions/refunds can be made.
- All guests entering the Zoo now require a ticket, so tickets can be pre-ordered online at full price $46 per adult*, if the deadline is missed. Adult Zoo Members receive free entry with their Zoo Membership card, but still need to book online.
*After 1 July 2022
- Entertainment can be provided by external companies or you can use suppliers from our preferred list, however, please note that no animals for Magic shows are permitted. All external companies that are not preferred must be approved.
- No entertainment with music is permitted if you book the Meerkat Bistro as this is a public space.
- Decorations can be added to some spaces at both Melbourne and Werribee Open Range Zoo but please note NO balloons, streamers, confetti or smoke machines are permitted due to Animal Welfare.
- No linen is included, this can be hired additionally.
- Hippo Boma includes dedicated children’s table and colourful chairs. Meerkat Bistro has a dedicated area at the back of the Bistro and is standard furniture only, table decorations can be provided.
- A labour charge is applicable for bump in and bump out of suppliers.
- Car parking is free.
Terms and conditions
- If you decide to cancel or change your mind once your event has been booked, your deposit is non refundable.
- No bookings are secured until we receive the deposit and we have confirmed in writing, as some spaces need to be booked and confirmed with the zoo.
- All details, final catering numbers, ticketing orders and final payment are needed 10 days prior to the function date.