Slumber Safari Camp Notes
We’re looking forward to welcoming you at Werribee Open Range Zoo for an amazing safari adventure!
Arriving and check in
Slumber Safari check in is at 2.15pm sharp at the Safari Hut but you’re welcome to explore Werribee Open Range Zoo anytime from 9am on the day of your camp but please make sure you're back at the Safari Hut for check in.
- If you arrive before 2pm, please follow the signs to the main zoo car park, and present your booking details for free zoo entry.
- If you arrive after 2pm, please follow the signs towards the Slumber Safari campsite. A four-digit access code for the car park gate will be emailed to you a few days prior to your camp date
You’ll receive refreshments on arrival with time to settle in and take in the magnificent views of the savannah. Please see below note regarding responsible service of alcohol under 'what to bring'. We reserve the right to remove any guests from the Zoo who are not behaving appropriately.
2.15pm Check in
3pm Meet at the Safari Hut for your official welcome, briefing and important safety information
3.20pm Safari tour
3.45pm Animal experience
5.15pm Arrive back at the campsite to relax, enjoy pre-dinner drinks (complimentary glass of sparkling) and dinner
7.30pm Evening activities and supper
7.30-8am Hot breakfast
9am Animal experience
10am Check out
You’re free to enjoy the rest of your day at the zoo! The zoo closes at 5pm.
Note: so we can prepare for our next guests, access to the Dining Hut for personal use is not permitted after the 10am check-out time, vehicles will need to be moved from the Slumber Safari carpark by 11am.
- Private, luxury-tented accommodation with electricity.
- Please note that shower ensuites are situated adjacent to your lodges
- All bedding, linen and towels
- Split system heating/cooling
- Electric blankets
- Zoo admission for both days
- Safari tour
- Two animal experiences
- Refreshments on arrival, complimentary glass of sparkling, dinner, supper and hot breakfast
- Water, orange juice, soft drink, milk, a selection of teas and coffee
- Hand sanitiser stations at the Slumber Dining Hut
WhaT NOT TO BRING
There are a few things we ask you to please leave at home:
- Pets (we love animals, but pets and lions don’t mix)
- Balloons, balls, cap guns and other
things that may irritate other guests
- Bikes, skateboards and rollerblades
What TO BRING
- Personal toiletries, soaps and medications
- Warm clothes
- Warm sleeping clothes
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
- Insect repellent
- If you would like to enjoy any alcohol during your stay, you’re welcome to BYO. For safety reasons, please don’t go overboard on the drinks. We do reserve the right to remove disruptive visitors from the campsite.
- Fitted face mask
- Hand sanitiser for personal use
- A sense of adventure!
Terms and conditions
- Late check in: late check in is available on request. Please call us on 1300 966 784
- Animal encounters: our animals’ welfare and that of our guests is our number one priority. Please listen to the zoo keepers, Slumber Safari leaders and follow their instructions
around what you can and can’t do at the animal encounters.
Slumber Safari is an all-weather program. However, we may cancel camps due to unsafe weather
conditions, or insufficient bookings. Whenever possible, you will be notified in advance and
rebooked for another day, or payment will be refunded. It is always regrettable when a guest
needs to cancel their Slumber Safari. To cancel your booking, please call us on 1300 966 784. If
you need to cancel your Slumber Safari for any reason other than compassionate
grounds or other extreme circumstances, the following cancellation terms apply:
- Reschedule or refund available for cancellations made seven days or more prior to event
- No refund or reschedule available for cancellations made less than seven days prior to the