Extend your stay - Experience Werribee Precinct and surrounds
We hope you enjoyed your visit to Werribee Open Range Zoo. There’s so much more to see and do in this exciting region so why not stay and play!
Werribee Open Range Zoo is a part of the wider Werribee Park Tourism Precinct. The precinct is a literal hub of tourism activity and is home to some ‘must see’ tourist attractions including:
- Werribee Park Mansion
- Victoria State Rose Garden
- Shadowfax Winery
- Werribee Park National Equestrian Centre
- Mansion Hotel and Spa
- Werribee Park Golf Course
When leaving the Werribee Park Tourism Precinct, take a drive along the Bay West Trail (Route 11) to explore more of what’s on offer including the:
- Werribee South Foreshore, a narrow reserve of untouched coastal land on the Western edge of Port Phillip Bay that offers spectacular views across the Bay. Unwind at one of the picnic areas while the kids enjoy the playground, try your luck at fishing or go for a stroll along the walking trail.
- Point Cook RAAF Museum. This museum is home to the largest collection of Australian military aviation memorabilia in the world and the largest collection of military aircraft in the Southern Hemisphere. Entry is free!
- Point Cook Homestead, once the holiday retreat of Thomas Chirnside. Discover bluestone walls, graceful Norfolk Island pines swaying in the sea breeze and a spectacular offering of city views.
- Point Cook Coastal Park and Cheetham Wetlands, a sanctuary for both migratory wading birds and nature lovers. No matter what weather conditions prevail there’s always an abundance of birdlife and natural assets to explore. For anyone seeking an unforgettable 360 degree view of wetlands flora and fauna, climbing the ‘Tower’ is a must!
Across Wyndham you’ll find a wide variety of cafés and restaurants, shopping precincts and entertainment activities for the whole family.
To find out more about the many things to see and do while visiting the region, drop in to the Werribee Visitor Information Centre, located in the Werribee Open Range Zoo’s arrival precinct or visit http://www.visitvictoria.com/Regions/Melbourne/Destinations/City-fringe/Werribee.aspx