Plan your visit
Thank you for choosing Zoos Victoria as a learning destination. You will find everything you need here to plan your excursion at Healesville Sanctuary, Kyabram Fauna Park, Melbourne Zoo, and Werribee Open Range Zoo.
Our inspiring education programs are included with your admission price and support the Victorian Curriculum and the VEYLDF.
|Education level||Admission cost (includes education program)||Kyabram Fauna Park admission cost||Adult-student ratio (recommended)|
|Early Childhood Centres and Kindergartens||$21||
Education program $12
|1 for every 3 children|
|Foundation to Year 12||$21||
Education program $15
|1 for every 5 students|
Education program $20
|1 for every 10 students|
|Student from Special Development School (SDS)
Education program $5
|1 carer/ integration aid per student with additional needs|
- The minimum number of students for an education program is 12 (exceptions made for SDS schools).
- Home school students can access the school admission price to participate in education programs with a minimum of 12 students attending.
- Prices are in Australian dollars and are valid from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023.
- Zoo memberships are not valid for school, early childhood centre and kindergarten visits.
- Self-guided excursions mean you and your students can choose your own adventure and wander the zoo at your leisure.
- School excursions are only available on weekdays during the Victorian school term.
Cost for teachers
Teachers and adult helpers are admitted free of charge within the program’s recommended student to adult ratio. If additional adult helpers come on the day that are not included in the original booking, they will need to pay the reduced adult concession rate of $31.50, or if they are a Zoos Victoria member, they can enter using their membership.
Additional supervising persons above the ratios attending Kyabram Fauna Park will pay $20 each.
SDS schools will need to pay a minimum of $60, then $5 per additional student. Additional supervising persons in addition to the ratios will pay $31.50.
Download our risk management policies below.
Our zoos are currently cashless.
Some schools and education centres may be required to pay on the day and will be informed prior to their visit. Please check with your school/education centre Finance team BEFORE your day at the zoo to see whether you are required to pay upfront.
The following payment methods are accepted:
- Debit or credit card
Payment on the day can be made by debit or credit card. A tax receipt will be issued.
You may be able to have an invoice issued after your visit. Zoos Victoria’s ABN 969 139 590 53.
Payment must be made in one transaction and will be based on the number of students and adults visiting the zoo on the day.
Cancellation of an excursion must be made at least 10 business days prior to your booked visit.
If not, a cancellation fee of $200 will be invoiced.
The fee will be waived due to extreme weather or if the booking is rescheduled.
Bus and coach parking
Free parking is provided for buses and coaches in the zoo car park. Follow signage for directions. Where possible we recommend using the drop off and pick up bays.
Check out our online map for mobile devices.
You can also collect a printed map. In the interest of sustainability and waste minimisation, we recommend maps be used only by the adults leading the excursion.
Staff and volunteers are also available to help you find your way around the zoo.
You can find specific program maps on your chosen excursion program page.
Zoos Victoria animal experiences discuss and observe animals and interpret their behaviours. We prioritise animal welfare and wellbeing and we do not touch animals during these experiences. When we develop experiences for visitors, our animals have the choice to participate or not, which supports positive animal welfare outcomes
Find out more at Zoos Victoria's Guiding Principles for Animal Experiences.
Our terms and conditions of entry apply. Please consider the following guidelines:
- Children and students remain the responsibility of the teacher at all times
- Groups are asked to move through the zoo respectfully and consider animals and members of the public
- Students and adult helpers should understand the needs of the animals and behave accordingly – loud noises and sudden movements can upset the animals. For this reason, ball games and whistles are not permitted
- At the Healesville Sanctuary and Kyabram Fauna Park Shop, six students may enter at a time with a supervising teacher. Please leave student bags outside
- Zoo staff have emergency management systems in place to handle missing students, first aid and medical emergencies
Accessibility and mobility
At Zoos Victoria, we believe in universal accessibility. We are committed to meeting the needs of all our visitors, regardless of their circumstances.
Please ensure students dress appropriately for all outdoor weather conditions as they will be outside all day. If extreme weather is predicted, we encourage you to reschedule your visit.
We recommend students carry their bags with them while they explore the zoo. While we do have limited lockers available, access cannot be guaranteed.
Please refer to the map specific to your chosen zoo that displays possible places for you and your students to eat.
Please refer to the map specific to your chosen zoo that displays where places to purchase food and drinks are located.
Our zoos are currently cashless. Payment at the food and drink outlets can only be made by credit or debit card.
Please refer to the map specific to your chosen zoo for toilet locations.
Social stories, sensory maps and welcome video
We provide social scripts and sensory maps for students who require additional support to help them prepare for their visit to our zoos. We have also created welcome videos so students and staff meet some of the staff and plan their visit to the zoo.