Immerse yourself into the world that is Werribee Open Range Zoo, with our unique all-inclusive Slumber Safari experience.
Go behind the scenes and join the magnificent animals of the Zoo in an experience like no other.
Enjoy two days of exclusive animal viewing opportunities, get up close and personal with an animal encounter and join us on a fully hosted dusk safari tour.
Then kick back and take in the sunset with a glass of wine on your private deck, followed by an African-inspired dinner. Enjoy the rest of the night in your luxury lodge looking out across the open plains.
Wake up to the sound of lions roaring and indulge in breakfast before the animal adventures continue.
Your Slumber Safari includes:
- Two full days of access to Werribee Open Range Zoo
- A fully-hosted safari tour on the savannah
- Exclusive animal encounter and animal viewing opportunities*
- Meet the Keeper experience
- An African-inspired dinner and breakfast
- One night’s accommodation in a luxury lodge, with private bathroom
- Refreshments on arrival
- Complimentary glass of sparkling wine
- Free on-site parking
- 15% discount in the Village Trader (Zoos shop)
*Animal encounters may vary slightly on each Slumber Safari.
This experience is currently operating with a COVIDSafe plan in place, if you’ve done this experience before, it may be a little different this time around (but no less fun!)
Visitors aged 16 years and over must be fully vaccinated to attend Slumber Safari. More information.
If you’re experiencing any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), please stay home, rest up and visit us when you’re feeling better.
Every ticket helps Werribee Open Range Zoo fight wildlife extinction. Find out more about our conservation work.
See what people are saying about slumber safari
“It was a great all round experience, informative, fun and very interesting.” - Andrew
“Highly, highly recommend this experience…” – Michelle
“The food was magnificent…” Jade
“The luxury eco accommodation is truly unique” – Sara
“An unforgettable night away at the Slumber Safari” Lisa
Cancellation and rescheduling policy
Slumber Safari is an all-weather program. However, we may cancel camps due to unsafe weather conditions, or insufficient bookings. Whenever possible, you will be notified in advance and rebooked for another day, or payment will be refunded.
It is always regrettable when a guest needs to cancel their Slumber Safari. To cancel your booking, please call us on 1300 966 784. If you need to cancel your Slumber Safari for any reason other than illness, compassionate grounds or other extreme circumstances, the following cancellation terms apply:
For cancellations notified:
- Reschedule or refund available for cancellations made seven days or more prior to event date
- No reschedule or refund available for cancellations made less than seven days prior to the event date