Slumber Safari is temporarily cancelled
Immerse yourself into the world that is Werribee Open Range Zoo, with our unique all-inclusive Slumber Safari experience.
Go behind the scenes and join the magnificent animals of the Zoo in an experience like no other.
Enjoy two days of exclusive animal viewing opportunities, get up close and personal with an animal encounter and join us on a fully hosted dusk safari tour.
Then kick back and take in the sunset with a glass of wine on your private deck, followed by an African-inspired dinner. Enjoy the rest of the night in your luxury lodge looking out across the open plains.
Wake up to the sound of lions roaring and indulge in a buffet breakfast before the animal adventures continue.
Your Slumber Safari includes:
- Two full days of access to Werribee Open Range Zoo
- A fully-hosted safari tour on the savannah
- Exclusive animal encounter and animal viewing opportunities*
- Meet the Keeper experience
- An African-inspired dinner and breakfast
- One night’s accommodation in a luxury lodge, with private bathroom
- Refreshments on arrival
- Complimentary glass of sparkling wine
- Free on-site parking
- 15% discount in the Village Trader (Zoos shop)
*Animal encounters may vary slightly on each Slumber Safari.
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our staff, visitors and animals is our priority. We have a number of new measures in place, including:
- Limiting the number of visitors on this experience to ensure physical distancing
- Increased cleaning schedules after each experience
- Additional hand sanitiser stations
If you’re not feeling 100% on the day of your zoo visit, please call us on 1300 966 784 to arrange to swap dates, take it easy at home and visit your animal friends when you’re up to it.
Every ticket helps Werribee Open Range Zoo fight wildlife extinction. Find out more about our conservation work.
See what people are saying about slumber safari
“It was a great all round experience, informative, fun and very interesting.” - Andrew
“Highly, highly recommend this experience…” – Michelle
“The food was magnificent…” Jade
“The luxury eco accommodation is truly unique” – Sara
“An unforgettable night away at the Slumber Safari” Lisa
Cancellation and rescheduling policy
- Cancellations received 15 days or more prior to the booked camp will receive a full refund
- Cancellations received 14 days or less will not be eligible for a refund
- Transfers to an alternate date must be made no less than 7 days prior to the camp date
Slumber Safari is an all-weather program. However, Werribee Open Range Zoo may cancel camp dates due to unsafe weather conditions, or insufficient bookings. Whenever possible you will be notified in advance and rescheduled, or payment will be refunded.