Social Media Online Communities
Zoos Victoria aims to be a safe space online where community members treat each other with respect and courtesy. The following standards apply across interaction with all Zoos Victoria online services including official Zoos Victoria accounts established on third-party social media sites.
You understand and agree that Zoos Victoria has ultimate editorial control over all its online services. Zoos Victoria may edit, remove or exercise its discretion not to accept or publish your contribution for legal, editorial or operational reasons including if Zoos Victoria considers it to be:
- defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or that it violates laws regarding harassment, discrimination, racial vilification, privacy or contempt;
- intentionally false or misleading;
- an infringement of intellectual property rights including copyright;
- abusive, offensive or obscene, sexist, sexually explicit, racist, homophobic, transphobic, obscene or otherwise in any way objectionable;
- inappropriate, off topic, repetitive, spam or vexatious;
- compromising the privacy of any person or containing inappropriate personal information including phone numbers, postal addresses or email addresses;
- seeking to endorse commercial products, events or services of other organisations;
- seeking to directly solicit donations to other organisations;
- deliberate provocation of other community members and members of the public, including personal attacks;
- impersonating someone else and/or posting on behalf of a suspended member;
- containing swear words or other offensive language;
- encouraging self-harm or describing activities that could endanger the safety and wellbeing of others; or
- including photographs, videos and other media that Zoos Victoria deems to be inappropriate.
In the instance that any contributing content mentioned above remains online, Zoos Victoria will aim to remove this content in a timely manner or when brought to the attention of Zoos Victoria social media team. Zoos Victoria has the discretion to turn off the ability to comment in the instance where monitoring is not available or to prevent harmful, defamatory or otherwise unlawful user contributions.
For any questions, feedback or concerns regarding these standards, please email email@example.com