- Plan your visit
- What's on
Enjoy a truly memorable overnight experience with a Slumber Safari at Werribee Open Range Zoo. It is the ideal getaway for couples, groups, families or colleagues providing an Out of Africa escape, just 30 minutes from the heart of Melbourne.
Slumber Safari brings together unique accommodation with a fully hosted experience including amazing close-up animal encounters, drinks and dips at sunset, a sumptuous dinner, awesome night-time activities including a night walk and toasting marshmallows around the evening campfire then a delicious supper of scones, jam and cream. In the morning you can watch the animals on the African savannah awaken and enjoy a buffet breakfast served in the Safari Dining Hut as you take in the view.
Our safari camp offers an exceptional glamping (luxury camping) experience, with stunning tented lodges and creature comforts including en-suites, fans and electric blankets. The design has an authentic and earthy touch that says ‘safari’ and, with just eight tents in total, you share this amazing experience with just a few others. For those who want to chill out and relax, you have your very own purpose-built balcony, overlooking the Werribee River and the Zoo's wonderful African savannah.
Adult-only camps are available each month and gift cards are also available.
Your Slumber Safari includes:
- 2 days of Zoo entry
- African-inspired dinner and buffet breakfast
- Fully hosted safari experience
- Animal encounter and exclusive animal viewing opportunities
- 15% discount in the Village Trader (Zoo shop)
- 10% off additional Wild Encounters during your visit (subject to availability).
Please note: Animal encounters may vary slightly on each Slumber Safari.
Dates open for bookings in June & July 2017
July School Holidays now open!
- Friday 30th June
- Satuday 1st July - Winter School Holidays
- Sunday 2nd July - Winter School Holidays
- Monday 3rd July - Winter School Holidays
- Friday 7th July - Winter School Holidays
- Saturday 8th July - Winter School Holidays
- Monday 10th July - Wild Nights Program
- Wednesday 12th July - Wild Nights Program
- Friday 14th July - Wild Nights Program
- Saturday 15th July - Wild Nights Program
- Sunday 16th July - Last night of School Holidays
Availability current at 20th June.
Zoos Victoria is a not-for-profit zoo based conservation organisation. Your visit helps us fight wildlife extinction.
- Werribee Open Range Zoo
- Healesville Sanctuary
- Melbourne Zoo
One small gift can change the lives of people and wildlife in Northern Kenya.
The meerkat is not a cat, it is a member of the civet family, which includes the otter and mongoose. You can help us fight extinction by adopting the Meerkat.