Wild Encounter tips, terms and conditions
Important things you need to know
- Don't wear strong perfume or aftershave
- Wear flat, enclosed shoes
- Prams and strollers cannot be taken into the off-limits areas
- Weekends, school holidays and public holidays can be a busy time at the Zoo and parking is limited. Please allow sufficient time for parking and entering the Zoo.
Terms and conditions
- Zoos Victoria may choose to cancel specific camp dates or encounters due to inclement weather, animal welfare issues or insufficient bookings. Whenever possible, guests will be notified in advance and dates re-scheduled, or full payment will be refunded.
Enclosed shoes must be worn for all animal experiences.
Participants afflicted with a cold, influenza, or cold sores will not be able to participate in experiences with monkeys or apes due to the risk of infection for our primates.
- Due to animal behavioural issues, experiences may vary.
- All participants must agree to follow the keeper's instructions.
- A paying adult must accompany children under 16 years of age. If the encounter allows children under 8, these children require a ratio of 1 Adult to 1 Child. Children over 8 require a supervision ratio of 1 Adult to 2 Children (unless otherwise indicated).
- Parents or adult guardians must take responsibility for participating children at all times.
- Participants may be asked to leave the enclosure at any time during the encounters at the discretion of Zoo staff.
- Photos can only be used for personal purposes. The publication, distribution, or reproduction of these photographs for commercial or promotional purposes is prohibited. For further information about commercial photography, contact the Zoo's Communications Department on (03) 9731 9624.
- Prices subject to change.
Participants with open wound/s will not be able to participate in the Wade with the Platypus experience due to the risk of infection for both animals and participant.
In the event that you cancel your animal encounter the following cancellation applies:
- Bookings cancelled at least 30 days prior to event date will be given a full refund.
- Cancellations between 14 and 30 days prior to the event date incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Bookings cancelled within 14 days of the event date incur a 100% cancellation fee.