Roar 'n' Snore
Keeping you safe
Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our staff, visitors and animals is our priority. We have a number of new measures in place, including:
- Limiting the number of guests at Roar ‘n’ Snore
- More hand sanitiser stations
- Reminding everyone to practice good hygiene
- Increased cleaning schedules throughout the zoo
- Additional information for staff and
visitors to reduce transmission
- Practice physical distancing at the zoo and stay
1.5m away from anyone who is not in your group
If you’re not feeling 100% well, please stay home and rest. Just give us a ring on 1300 966 784 before your Roar ‘n’ Snore and we will reschedule it for when you are feeling better. If you develop symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) during your stay, please return home and
Arriving and check-in
Roar ‘n’ Snore check in is 6.30pm. Please meet at the zoo’s service entrance (Gate 1). The service entrance is located along the
red brick wall, to the right of the main entrance on Elliott Avenue.
Your hosts will show you where to park overnight inside the zoo grounds and escort you to the campsite, inside the historic
elephant exhibit (which has been renovated for humans now, not just elephants). Please note: cars are parked at your own risk.
We advise you to pack your car with additional items you may need, as you will have access to your vehicle during your stay.
You’ll receive refreshments on arrival with time to settle in and take in your surrounds for the evening.
If you are running late on the day please call the camp hosts on 0408 599 667. This phone will be switched on from 5.45pm on the day of your camp.
Itinerary day 1
- 6.30pm Arrive, meet your hosts and enjoy refreshments,
including a complimentary glass of sparkling
- 7.30pm Dinner
- 8.30pm Night tour of the zoo
- 10.30pm Return to campsite for supper
- 11.00pm Bedtime
Itinerary day 2
- 7.00am Continental breakfast
- 7.40am Morning tour of the zoo
- 9.00am Check out and say goodbye to your hosts!
- You may enjoy the rest of the day at the zoo if you wish!
The zoo closes at 5pm.
- Canvas tents that sleep a maximum of three adults,
or two adults and two children (you won’t have to
share with anyone you don’t know!)
- Camp mattresses for each guest
- Camp chairs for each guest
- 2 x guided tours with experienced hosts
- Zoo admission for the day after camp
- Refreshments on arrival including a complimentary
glass of sparkling (please BYO alcohol if desired)
- Dinner, supper and continental breakfast
- Water, orange juice, soft drink, milk, a selection
of teas and coffee
- Toilets are within walking distance and are open all night
What to bring
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Personal toiletries, soaps and medications
- Warm clothes and pyjamas
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Torch if you wish
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
- Insect repellent
- A sense of adventure!
- If you would like to enjoy any alcohol during your stay, you’re welcome to BYO. For safety reasons, please don’t go overboard on the drinks. We do reserve the right to remove disruptive visitors from the campsite.
What not to bring
There are a few things we ask you to please leave at home:
- Pets (we love animals, but pets and lions don’t mix)
- Balloons, balls, cap guns and other things that may
irritate other guests
- Bikes, skateboards and rollerblades
- Whistles or musical instruments
- If you are unwell, stay home and rest up. Let us know
before your Roar ‘n’ Snore if you are not feeling 100% and
we will reschedule it for when you are feeling better.
Terms and conditions
Minimum age 5 years. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Roar ‘n’ Snore is an all-weather program. However, we may cancel camps due to unsafe weather conditions, or insufficient bookings. Whenever possible, you will be notified in advance and rebooked for another day, or payment will be refunded. It is always regrettable when a guest needs to cancel their Roar ‘n’ Snore. To cancel your booking, please call us on 1300 966 784. If you need to cancel your Roar ‘n’ Snore for any reason other than illness, compassionate grounds or other extreme circumstances, the following cancellation terms apply:
• Reschedule or refund available for cancellations made seven days or more prior to event
• No refund or reschedule available for cancellations made less than seven days prior to the event date